Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification in a designated trade has helped many people who live outside of Canada obtain employment within a designated trade. In addition, many of them also qualify for “Red Seal” or interprovincial status
The trade’s certification program enables an experienced worker in a designated trade an opportunity to attain their Certificate of Qualification in Canada, in order to become eligible to pursue employment in their trade.
International trade’s professionals experienced in countries outside of Canada who meet a minimum number of years( 5 years) and hours over a specified length of time are eligible to apply for Trades Qualification.
Steps to Participation
1)Candidates are required to submit an application for review
2) Upon successful review , candidates are eligible to attend the program
3) After receiving their letter of qualification, candidates will be provided with support via the employment program with accessing opportunities within Canada
Occupations Eligible for the Trades Certification Program
· Automotive Service Technician
· Crane Operator
· Painter and Decorator
· Power System Electrician
· Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
· Residential Construction Site Manager(occupation)
· Rig Technician 1
· Structural Steel and Plate Fitter
· Pipefitter/Steam Fitter
· Iron Worker
· Heavy Duty Mechanic
· Mechanical Engineer
If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.